BEFORE APPLYING, PLEASE READ BELOW TO MAKE SURE YOU QUALIFY:
1. All Dogs and Cats in your home MUST be spayed or neutered. We will call your vet to verify this. We allow exceptions in rare medical instances upon verification with your vet only.
2. All Dogs and Cats in your home MUST be current and have been kept historically up to date on annual vaccinations and monthly (or semiannual) heart worm and flea prevention. We will call your vet to verify this. We allow exceptions to this in rare medical instances upon verification with your vet, ONLY.
3. You must be a minimum of 21 years of age to adopt and be able to prove you're financially able to care for a cat should a medical emergency arise.
4. You must own the property in which you live or your landlord must be willing to verify that you are allowed to have a cat in your rental home. We check property records.
5. We only adopt cats as indoor pets. We will not adopt cats to be kept out-of-doors.
6. A home visit is required for ALL adoptions, without exception. This is not a white-glove inspection, rather it is to ensure that the home is a safe environment for the cat.
7. We do not transport. If you are applying from out of area or out of state, understand that if your application gets approved, you will be expected to pick up the cat in the location that he/she is being fostered. In addition, if the adoption does not work out, it is your responsibility to bring the cat safely back to us.
8. There may be multiple applications for the same cat. Our cats are placed in the home we believe most suitable for them, based upon their individual needs and temperament.
9. Before applying below, please expect this application process to take about two weeks. If you are applying from out of area or state, please expect a slight delay. It will take us more time to get the home visit set up. At any time, if you have questions about the status of your application, please email the rescue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kittens and cats: $200.00
The following process applies to adopters and can take up to two weeks to complete. We complete the process in this order: